Process and Machining Consultancy
For over 50 years, Cranfield Precision has been working with a wide variety of machining processes such as grinding, super-abrasive grinding, diamond turning and hard turning. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to share in this knowledge through our consultancy service which we provide to both industrial companies and research establishments alike.
- We advise on existing manufacturing processes to optimise performance and cost effectiveness.
- Process selection, including specification of machines and tooling required to obtain the desired results (e.g. grinding vs hard turning).
- Knowledge transfer of cutting edge manufacturing research into your organisation.
- Process and machining trials in house or on-site.
- Advice on component design for precision manufacture.
- Assessment of machine tools and machining systems for precision processes (static, dynamic and thermal analysis, capability studies, achieveable surface roughness).
- Assistance with material selection for machinability and performance in use.